Design and build your own hardware and benefit from hands-on practical experience in well-equipped labs supported by expert researchers and practising engineers with this MSC Electrical and Electronic Engineering programme offered at University of Plymouth .
- Gain hands-on experience in signal processing and embedded systems programming.
- Benefit from the industrial collaboration with British Telecommunications plc (BT) and Bombardier Transportation. Strong collaboration with BT's Goonhilly Satellite Earth Station.
- Progress in a school that has gained national and international recognition for its research in satellite communications, data storage, and digital signal processing (Research Assessment Exercise RAE 2008).
- Develop research skills in leading edge technology. and advance with the support of our Centre for Cyber Security, Communications and Network Research.
- Develop your knowledge in our Digital Signal Processing [DSP] laboratory, a new networks laboratory funded in part by CISCO, a separate postgraduate study room with full internet and specialist software, and a dedicated communications laboratory.
- Draw on the expertise of our lecturers who are nationally and internationally recognised leading researchers. Professor Martin Tomlinson is internationally recognised for the invention of the Tomlinson-Harashima precoder – a key component of any telecommunications modem.
- Benefit from Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) accreditation. The MSc is a significant step towards the status of Chartered Engineer (CEng) which is highly sought after in industry.
Careers with this subject:
Graduate destinations include BAE Systems, Rolls-Royce, Spirent Communications, Roke Manor, Allen & Heath, Jaguar Land Rover, Babcock Marine, Texas Instruments and National Instruments, with salaries starting at around £25,000.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Artificial Vision and Deep Learning
- Nanotechnology and Nanoelectronics
- Integrated Power Systems
- Digital and Wireless Communications
- MSc Dissertation and Research Skills
- Science and Technology of Autonomous Vehicles
- Software Engineering for Distributed and Interactive
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications can usually be made throughout the year, and are considered until programmes are full.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology View 170 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of a 2:2 honours degree in electronic engineering or related subject.
- Applicants with professional experience or international qualifications will be considered individually.
- Entry to the MRes is via initial entry to the MSc.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16700 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9400 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Part time (Home) £500 per 10 credits
Living costs for Plymouth
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.