By framing the practice into critical discourse through the creative and innovative application of digital technologies, it nurtures innovation and experimentation by challenging the boundaries of digital arts and creative media practice across the traditional disciplines. The MRes Digital Art and Technology programme is offered by University of Plymouth.
- Break through the traditional boundaries of science, art and technology. Work in a cross-discipline environment and learn to implement pioneering digital technologies.
- Build a path to an exciting and dynamic career – our students have gone on to work as web designers, games developers, lecturers and digital consultants.
- Engage in a dynamic and integrated approach to teaching, designed to nurture creative communities and define new areas of innovation.
- Participate in international research collaborations though close relationships with the Centre for Media Art and Design Research and the Institute of Digital Art and Technology (i-DAT). You’ll also benefit from strong links to all of their affiliated PhD programmes.
- Cultivate advanced digital skills through access to exclusive technological facilities including the Immersive Vison Theatre and IBM funded Smarter Planet lab.
- Join our network of award-winning graduates in the creative and technology sectors. Previous students such as Adam Montandon and Gianni Corino have gone on to win accolades from the Media Innovation Awards, Summit International Awards and Scrittura Mutante Awards.
- Study remotely, foster professional relationships and work alongside your studies through our flexible approach to learning. Modules are delivered via workshops and symposium sessions in digital media venues, supported by interactive online technologies.
- Establish and define your personal digital practice through your major project. Tailor your assessment to your own creative needs, by choosing from different proportions of practical and written work. Explore your individual interests with the support of two dedicated project supervisors.
- There are international research collaborations through the Institute of Digital Art and Technology (i-DAT).
Careers with this subject:
Graduates from our programme have secured careers in a variety of sectors, such as digital art and design, new media publishing, digital architecture, broadcasting, interactive systems design, digital sound and music, software production, digital curation, and many others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCore modules:
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesDesign Digital Communication View 498 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
- A relevant degree with honours or an equivalent professional qualification.
- Other qualifications accompanied by substantial experience in an appropriate field may also be considered. Non-standard applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Please view the country specific pages for further information regarding the equivalency of your degree. International applicants will be required to provide evidence of their English language ability, for example by achieving an IELTS score of 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in each element) or equivalent.
We welcome applicants with international qualifications.
International15200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9100 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part time (Home) £500 per 10 credits.
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.