Public Health degree offered at Canterbury Christ Church University will provide you with a deep understanding about how to prevent illness and promote good health and wellbeing. You will learn the knowledge and skills that underpin public health practice at individual, community, national and international levels, as well as how to address the specific health needs of the UK population.
By studying our MSc Public Health, you will critically engage with the theories, principles and practise that are core to public health and health promotion. These include engagement with:
- Philosophies of health and health promotion
- Social and cultural determinants of health and inequalities in health
- Communicable and non-communicable threats to health
- Epidemiology and its application to disease prevention
- Risk assessment, health needs assessment and health impact assessment
- Ethical perspectives in health promotion and public health
- The physical environment and health
- Inter-sectoral, national and international health policies and drivers
- Community development and health improvement
- Arts and health
- Research and evaluation
The MSc Public Health learning outcomes are informed by the UK Public Health Skills and Knowledge Framework (levels 7 and 8) as well as the International Union of Health Promotion and Education: CompHP Professional Standards for Health Promotion.
What can I do next?
The programme will develop a more strategic understanding and, as such, it is a useful qualification for those who are interested in managerial or senior roles that are concerned with health and wellbeing in health care, social care, education, business or the voluntary sector.
The modules are mapped against the UK Public Health Skills and Knowledge Framework, thus meeting many of the ‘know-hows’ of the framework. This knowledge can be used towards your registration as a public health practitioner or a public health specialist.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Principles of Public Health
- Promoting Health and Wellbeing
- Essentials of Epidemiology
- Social Aspects of Health
- Research Methods
- Community Development
- Global Public Health
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health View 758 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- A relevant first degree at 2.2 or above in health/social sciences or a professional registration to practice in health and/or social care or equivalent.
- Consideration is given to other graduates who can demonstrate the relevance of this award to their career development.
- Students should normally have had some relevant work experience, be working in a relevant field of practice, or will have access to one.
- International students will need to meet the requirements of any international student coming to study in the UK
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7970 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7970 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU: £3,985
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.