Are you a civil engineering graduate? Do you want to improve your technical knowledge and enhance your career prospects? Studying the MSc Civil Engineering at University of Plymouth , you obtain advanced analytical skills in the core subject areas of structural analysis, design and finite element analysis.
- Accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators (Institution of Structural Engineers, Institution of Civil Engineers, Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation, Institute of Highway Engineers).
- Be inspired by our £19 million Marine Building, housing the acclaimed COAST laboratory which offers facilities for teaching water and coastal engineering as well as conducting world-class research.
- Benefit from a postgraduate degree accredited as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng) for candidates who have already acquired an Accredited CEng (Partial) BEng (Hons) or an Accredited IEng (Full) BEng/BSc (Hons) undergraduate first degree. See www.jbm.org.uk for further information.
- Develop advanced level technical capability in structural analysis and design aspects of civil engineering.
- Learn about management and professional practice at advanced level.
- Undertake a dissertation relating to the range of ongoing civil engineering research in the School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics.
- Recent graduates work in a wide range of consultant, contractor and client organisations, including: Hyder Consulting, Babcock International Group plc, Manhire Associates Consulting Engineers and Maverick Ventures UK Ltd.
- The Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE) accredited degree
- The Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT) accredited degree
- Institute of Highway Engineers (IHE) accredited degree
- Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) accredited degree
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Finite Element Modelling and Analysis
Project Management and Professional Practice
Engineering Research Methods and Professional Development
Advanced Hydraulic Engineering
Interdisciplinary Design Project
Advanced Structural Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications can usually be made throughout the year, and are considered until programmes are full.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction View 291 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You’ll need a minimum of a lower second-class BEng honours degree (2:2) in civil engineering or an upper second-class BSc honours degree (2:1) in civil engineering.
- If you have considerable professional experience and can evidence an academic ability to undergraduate degree levels you may also be considered.
- If you have overseas qualifications you can check your comparability with the UK equivalent through NARIC, who provide an advisory service.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9400 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part time (Home) £500 per 10 credits
Living costs for Plymouth
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.