The Creative Writing degree offered is by the University of Arizona.
The program requires three years in residence, the completion of 42 academic units, including four workshops in one genre and four craft courses. A student’s studies culminate in the production of an aesthetic statement and a thesis manuscript.
The program is fully funded, with assistantships in teaching composition offered to all incoming MFA students. You have the opportunity to apply to teach creative writing in your second year. Assistantships include salary, health insurance and a complete tuition waiver.
- A fully funded three-year program.
- Students have funding opportunities for research and travel via the departmental English Graduate Union, the Graduate and Professional Student Council, Confluence Center and the Institute of the Environment, among other organizations.
- Three genres: Poetry, fiction and nonfiction, with active encouragement to work across genres.
- The opportunity to apply to teach creative writing at the undergraduate level.
- Excellent student-teacher ratio (11 faculty for 36 students).
- An active series of visiting writers and editors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Creative Nonfiction
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing View 380 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Conditionally admitted students may attend the Center for English as a Second Language (CESL) English training course, and upon successful completion, can achieve an English Language Endorsement or may submit acceptable English proficiency test scores before final degree admission can be granted.
- Students must apply to and enroll at CESL at their own or their sponsor's expense, and must submit an English Language Endorsement to the Graduate College within one year of the Conditional Admission term.
- If English proficiency is not achieved within one year of the Conditional Admission term, the applicant must re-apply to the Graduate College.
- Once English requirements have been met, the graduate department will adjust the official admission term to the degree program.
- Conditionally admitted students are not permitted to enroll in degree courses until English proficiency is met and formal degree admission is granted.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10063 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10063 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5969 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.