Studying the MArch Architecture at University of Plymouth , you will develop your own sense of praxis, while exploring the potential of architecture to generate more sustainable, inclusive and resilient places.
Our course is fully validated by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and prescribed by the Architects Registration Board (ARB) to the requirements at Part 2 level. Within six months of degree completion, 100 per cent of our graduates have found professional employment in the UK, Europe and Asia* – with award-winning architects such as AHMM, Allies and Morrison, Feilden Clegg Bradley, Hopkins, John McAslan, Keith Williams, Make, Nicholas Hare and Walters and Cohen.
- Our school was described as ‘charged’ by The Architects’ Journal.
- Get creative with our amazing facilities and resources. You’ll be based in our eye-catching Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Business building in the heart of the campus, surrounded by students and staff from other art courses. And, you’ll have two square metres of desk to call your own.
- Study a programme fully validated by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and prescribed by the Architects Registration Board (ARB) – with National Student Survey results for the M Arch (not including BA Architecture) for the past two years at 100 per cent for overall student satisfaction.
- Interact with the public domain with architecture that’s responsive to people, places and tectonics. Work with local communities and institutions, including city councils, business organisations and non-governmental organisations.
- Work on live studio-based projects, both in the UK and abroad. Previous projects have been based in China, Latvia, Poland, Portugal, Spain and the UK.
- Over 95 per cent of our recent graduates have found work in the UK, the Middle East and Asia.
- Benefit from our future-facing programme that features a strong socio-cultural, urban and sustainability dimension.
- Learn from tutors with industry experience and interdisciplinary research interests.
Careers with this subject:
Our architecture graduates benefit from a discursive education that enables them with a wide range of creative thinking and problem-solving knowledge and skills. Building on this students have gone on to work with leading architectural offices and start their own successful practices. Others have enjoyed success in parallel careers including: teaching, both at Plymouth and other schools of architecture: urban design; landscape architecture; community development; and construction and project management. Upon completion of the programme you may be able to continue on to a RIBA Part 3 qualification and become a Chartered Architect in the UK and EU.
Fully validated by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and prescribed by the Architects Registration Board (ARB)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Inception and Strategic Design
- Detailed Design
- Connecting Sustainable Practices
- Urban Methodologies
- Technical Design
- Advanced Inception and Strategic Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications can usually be made throughout the year, and are considered until programmes are full.
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction View 278 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Expected 2:1 degree classification but we will consider students with lower degree and a good portfolio..
- 12 months experience working in an architect’s office or similar professionally relevant activity.
- To be considered for entry onto the programme, you'll need to submit the following:
- An official copy of your transcript for your completed degree studies.
- A statement of interest outlining why you want to study at Plymouth University and what you believe you will contribute to our programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Part time (Home) £770 per 10 credits
Living costs for Plymouth
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.