Health psychology investigates how the way we behave influences health, illness and how we care for people living with long-term conditions.
A health psychologist uses their knowledge of psychology to understand health behaviours and to develop psychological interventions to support behaviour change. They perform a vital role in a variety of areas such as:
- Assisting patients with their emotional and psychological needs
- Working alongside healthcare professionals to help them establish clear communication and productive relationships with patients
- Working with health and social care organisations to develop protocols to engender good health and wellbeing
From health inequalities and public health, to psychobiology of illness and long term conditions, Health Psychology (Online) programme with Aston University will provide you with an in-depth understanding of the theory underpinning health psychology. This course has been designed to give you an ideal base for a rewarding career in health psychology and related fields.
Many of our graduates go on to complete further training (Stage 2) to become a Chartered Psychologist with the British Psychological Society and a Health Psychologist registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). Stage 2 of the training involves developing and demonstrating competences in research, teaching and training, practice and consultancy.
Recent graduates have entered a variety of roles such as:
- Wellbeing Trainer
- Public Health Advisor
- Stop Smoking Advisor
- Research Assistant
- Assistant Psychologist.
Others have gone on to the Stage 2 Health Psychology Qualification or to PhDs. Following doctoral training, some of our graduates have become HCPC registered Health Psychologists working in consultancy, clinical practice in the NHS, and as academics in universities.
- Advanced Research Methods in Health Psychology
- Health Behaviours and Behaviour Change Interventions
- Health Inequalities and Public Heath
- Psychobiology of Illness and Long-term Conditions
- Research Project
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Public Health Health Sciences View 467 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Aston University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Upper second class honours (2:1) or above Psychology degree that is accredited by the BPS. This ensures that students are eligible for Graduate Basis for Chartered (GBC) membership of the British Psychological Society (BPS). Students who are applying from outside the UK, or who do not have a BPS accredited Bachelor’s degree in Psychology must check directly with the BPS to see if they qualify for GBC. More information on international degree requirements can be found on our Aston in your country webpage.
- Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of an English language qualification. English language test requirements may be waived where students’ undergraduate degree was studied in an English speaking country
International19700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19700 GBP per year during 18 months.
National10350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10350 GBP per year during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.