The Drug Delivery programme at Aston University will leave you well prepared on successful graduation for an exciting and rewarding academic or industrial career in the pharmaceutics and drug delivery arena.
By choosing to study this specialist pharmacy masters at Aston University, you’ll be joining a well-established and highly respected School of Pharmacy, that can trace its roots back to the establishment of the Birmingham Pharmaceutical Institution in 1847. We’re also the only Pharmacy School in the UK to hold a prestigious Regius Chair in Pharmacy awarded by HM the Queen, meaning you can be sure that you’re learning experience will of the highest of quality.
On successful graduation, you will be equipped with extensive specialist knowledge, and the transferable skills relevant for various careers in the pharmaceutical industry or academic research. You’ll have a range of opportunities available to you such as drug delivery, analytical sciences, formulation development, project management, regulatory affairs and scientific writing.
In addition, for those that wish to peruse a career in academic research or academia, this course is a well-placed stepping stone for PhD study at Aston or another leading institution.
Graduates from our suite of Pharmacy masters programmes have gone onto secure roles with a variety of organisations across the public and private sector.
Recent graduate roles include:
- Associate Pharmaceutical Development Scientist
- Analytical scientist
- Laboratory Analyst
- Lecturer in Science
- PhD student
- Product Performance Chemist
- Quality Assurance Production Technician
- Quality Control Technician
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Drug Discovery
- Chemotherapy and Selective Toxicity
- Drug Dosage Form Design
- Principles of Product Analysis and Validation
- Drug Delivery and Targeting
- Research Skills
- Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Pharmacy Biochemistry View 150 other Masters in Pharmacy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Lower second class honours degree (2:2) or higher from a recognised university in pharmacy, pharmaceutical science, pharmacology, physiology, physical science, biochemistry, biotechnology, chemistry, chemical engineering, genetics, materials science, medicine or related field.
- Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of an English language qualification. English language test requirements may be waived where students’ undergraduate degree was studied in an English speaking country.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19700 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9550 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.