This cutting-edge master’s course, delivered at Aston over one full academic year, will help you to get a broader perspective on issues of globalised governance and contemporary international relations alongside the opportunity to learn in an exciting multicultural environment.
Examine the governance of global problems, such as trade, health and the environment, and explore issues of national and multi-national governance through organisations such as the World Trade Organisation (WTO) and the World Health Organisation (WHO).
You will develop a wide-ranging skillset, including negotiation skills and public speaking, which will help to open doors when it comes to forging a career working for international organisations, governments and political institutions.
Depending on your interests and future career plans, the course provides the flexibility to choose from a wide range of elective modules, such as Critical approaches to Security studies, International Relations and Easy Asia, Changing China, and Concepts and Strategies for Social Data Analysis.
The careers pursued by our students vary greatly, but typical careers include: employment in international organisations, (for example the EU, WTO, UN), research in policy-oriented domestic or international think tanks, careers in government administration, further postgraduate research at PhD level, journalism, international marketing or business.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Relations Theory
- Governance of Global Problems
- Concepts and Strategies for Qualitative Social Science
- Rethinking European integration
- Leaders and Leadership in a European and Global Context
- IR and East-Asia
- Religion and Politics
- EU as a Global Actor
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Political Science View 492 other Masters in Political Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- 2:2 degree in social science, language or a related subject. Other degrees might be suitable depending on personal statement and motivation.
- The information contained on this website details the typical entry requirements for this course for the most commonly offered qualifications. Applicants with alternative qualifications may wish to enquire with the relevant admissions teams prior to application whether or not their qualifications are deemed acceptable. For less commonly encountered qualifications this will be judged on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the academic admissions tutor.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.