Delivered by professional experts, our programmes are tailored to you and your career. Together, we address today's most challenging healthcare issues, through research-informed teaching and active, real-world learning. Advanced Professional Practice in Neurological Rehabilitation at University of Plymouth .
- Progress your health professions career and become a leader in this specialist area with a programme formed on evidence-based clinical practice, incorporating practical skill development*.
- Increase your skills in reflection, analysis and critical debate, as well as developing your knowledge base of this cutting-edge subject. The assignments for all modules are designed to help you link theory to practice.
- Learn from research active teaching staff, with national and international reputations in this specialist area. You’ll be encouraged to join the faculty’s Rehabilitation research group, nested under the Plymouth Institute of Health and Care Research, and will work with our experienced staff on your own research project.
- Further your research skills through use of the University’s highly advanced equipment at the Human Movement and Function Laboratory.
- Take the opportunity to choose specialist skills modules such as Injection Therapy for your continuing professional development (CPD).
- Make the most of our blended learning approach, which combines short study blocks and distance learning technologies with face-to-face teaching, enhancing the learning process by allowing time for reflection.
- Take advantage of flexible study – you can complete the programme over one year full time or two to five years part time. Your study will comprise of a mixture of lectures, practicals, seminars and tutorials. The full-time route is suitable for international students, who will be supported to choose optional modules with non-clinical assignments.
- Choose from three award pathways with full and part-time options: Postgraduate Certificate (PgCert), 60 credits; Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip), 120 credits; and Masters (MSc), 180 credits.
This programme is accredited by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applying Evidence to Practice
- Clinical Assessment and Management in Neurology
- Pathomechanics and Rehabilitation of Gait and Balance
- Rehabilitation: Cognition, Perception and Behaviour
- Advancing the Management of Long Term Conditions
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine View 1039 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You’ll normally be a health or social care professional with a first degree (BSc (Hons) at 2.2 or above or European first cycle equivalent). You will normally have a professional or therapeutic role within a neurological rehabilitation environment, for example, in occupational therapy, physiotherapy, nursing or speech and language therapy.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time (Home) - £1100 per 20 module
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.