Studying theEurope and the World programme offered at the Aston University, you will take part in interactive seminars, discussion and simulation exercises, as well as undertaking group project work. There are also opportunities for individual research and guided study. MA students are a fundamental part of the intellectual life of the Politics and International Relations study group. All students on MA programmes take part in the regular series of guest lectures and research seminars on issues of contemporary political relevance as well as taking part in the conferences and events organised and hosted by the Aston Centre for Europe and by the study group. All students have the opportunity to take part in a week long study trip to visit the EU institutions and related organisation in Brussels.
All of our MA Programmes equip students with the knowledge and analytical and transferable skills to pursue further postgraduate research or a successful career in the public and private sector. The careers pursued by our students vary greatly, but typical careers include:
- employment in international organisations (EU, WTO, UN etc.),
- research in policy-oriented domestic or international think tanks,
- careers in government administration,
- further postgraduate research at PhD level,
- international marketing or business.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The European Union – A Web of Institutions
- The EU as a Global Actor
- Dissertation module
- Leaders and Leadership in a European and Global Context Europe’s Regions and their Governance
- Asia-Europe Relations: Between Interregionalism and Bilateralism
- Religion and Politics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applicants who require a visa to study in the UK are advised to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Languages View 482 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
- 2.1 Degree in any discipline (or equivalent).
- The information contained on this website details the typical entry requirements for this course for the most commonly offered qualifications. Applicants with alternative qualifications may wish to enquire with the relevant admissions teams prior to application whether or not their qualifications are deemed acceptable. For less commonly encountered qualifications this will be judged on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the academic admissions tutor.
International14750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14750 GBP per year during 24 months.
National6350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6350 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.