The thesis-based master’s Computer Science degree offered by The University of Arizona is designed for students considering research-based careers after their masters, as well as students who want to try out research while considering whether they may continue in a doctoral program. Interested students should talk to relevant faculty about this option before entering into their last year, as they will need to identify a faculty advisor for the thesis.
Students who successfully complete an MS degree may command a higher salary and positions with more authority and autonomy in industry.
The Department of Computer Science offers programs leading to the Master of Science and the Doctor of Philosophy degrees with a major in computer science. The department's programs prepare graduate students for positions in the design and development of computer systems and applications in business and industry and for scientific positions in industrial or academic computing research. Areas of research interest within the department currently include algorithms (bioinformatics, geometric, graph), artificial intelligence (natural language processing, machine learning, vision), parallel, distributed, and high performance computing, programming languages and compilers, security, systems (operating systems, networking, storage, databases), and visualization and graphics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Compilation,
- Computer Architecture
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Theory of Computation,
- Principles of Programming Languages
- Parallel and Distributed Computing
- Computer Graphics,
- Probabilistic Graphical Models,
- Software Engineering,
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 229 other Masters in Machine Learning in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Arizona and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants for admission are evaluated on the basis of academic record, preparation, and other relevant qualifications. Applicants should have an undergraduate degree in computer science or a closely related field. A well-prepared applicant should be proficient in a high-level programming language such as C, C++, or Java
- Typical minimum undergraduate GPA for MS applicants is 3.2 out of a 4.0 scale.
- The department requires the GRE general test. Admission requirements do not set specific score cut-offs in each section. Typical minimum scores for admitted applicants are 156 verbal (domestic applicants) and 158 quantitative.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34000 USD per year during 12 months.
National34000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34000 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State14000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.