The mission of the Department of Kinesiology is to facilitate wellness among individuals through the study and application of human movement principles across the lifespan and through the management of and participation in physical activity, exercise, and sport.
The Department serves the needs of students completing majors in other fields who find that certain aspects of kinesiology are important to professional objectives and personal interests.
This Kinesiology - Individualized Studies option at California State University Long Beach is developed by the student with the advisement of a graduate faculty member and/or the Associate Chair for Graduate Studies.
- Allied Health Professions Programs
- Physical Education Teacher Education (PETE)
- Sport Studies
- Research Methods & Statistical Analysis
- Prevention and Care of Athletic Injuries
- Clinical Aspects of Athletic Training
- Medical Aspects of Athletic Training
- Athletic Training Evaluation
- Developmental and Therapeutic Exercise
- Therapeutic Approaches in Athletic Training
- Management Strategies in Athletic Training
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences Kinesiology View 300 other Masters in Sports Management in United States
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a major in Kinesiology/Physical Education or the equivalent
- If a prospective graduate student has a baccalaureate degree in a field other than Kinesiology or Physical Education, he/she may be required to take prerequisite or foundational upper-division undergraduate coursework in Kinesiology.
- An overall undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or better and an upper division Kinesiology/Physical Education major GPA of 2.75 or better
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
- If you are not a resident of California you must add $396 to the above totals for each unit of credit you take.
Living costs for Long Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.