The mission of the Department of Kinesiology is to facilitate wellness among individuals through the study and application of human movement principles across the lifespan and through the management of and participation in physical activity, exercise, and sport. The Department serves the needs of students completing majors in other fields who find that certain aspects of kinesiology are important to professional objectives and personal interests. Learn more in the Kinesiology: Sport Management programme at California State University Long Beach.
Option in Sport Management
This option is offered only through College of Continuing and Professional Studies at a higher tuition rate. Instruction is presented in an accelerated cohort program format over 18 months.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Sports Marketing, Development and Fund Raising
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Sport
- Personnel and Facility Management in Athletics
- Sport Finance
- Foundations of Sport Management
- Field Studies in Sport Event Management
- Sports Management Internship
- Capstone in Kinesiology
- Research Methods and Statistical Analysis
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Sports Management View 236 other Masters in Sports Management in United States
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a major in Kinesiology/Physical Education or the equivalent;
- If a prospective graduate student has a baccalaureate degree in a field other than Kinesiology or Physical Education, he/she may be required to take prerequisite or foundational upper-division undergraduate coursework in Kinesiology.
- An overall undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or better and an upper division Kinesiology/Physical Education major GPA of 2.75 or better;
- A minimum cumulative score of 150 on the verbal, 141 on the quantitative and 3.5 on the analytical writing sections of the Graduate Record Examination.
International3588 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3588 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National3588 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3588 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.