The mission of the Department of Kinesiology is to facilitate wellness among individuals through the study and application of human movement principles across the lifespan and through the management of and participation in physical activity, exercise, and sport.
The Department offers a Kinesiology - Adapted Physical Education program at California State University Long Beach that serves the needs of students completing majors in other fields who find that certain aspects of kinesiology are important to professional objectives and personal interests.
- Biomechanics of Human Movement
- Exercise Physiology
- Motor Control and Learning
- Motor Development
- Adapted Physical Education
- Research Methods and Statistical Analysis
- Instructional Methods and Strategies for Individuals with Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- Instructional Methods and Strategies for Individuals with Moderate/Severe Disabilities
- Physical Education for Special Populations
- Seminar in Trends in Adapted Physical Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Sports Sciences Kinesiology View 3191 other Masters in Education in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a major in Kinesiology/Physical Education or the equivalent;
- If a prospective graduate student has a baccalaureate degree in a field other than Kinesiology or Physical Education, he/she may be required to take prerequisite or foundational upper-division undergraduate coursework in Kinesiology.
- An overall undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or better and an upper division Kinesiology/Physical Education major GPA of 2.75 or better;
- A minimum cumulative score of 150 on the verbal, 141 on the quantitative and 3.5 on the analytical writing sections of the Graduate Record Examination.
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
- If you are not a resident of California you must add $396 to the above totals for each unit of credit you take.
Living costs for Long Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.