The first activity of the course is a Professional Development Audit, where we support you to evaluate your learning to date and identify what you need to add to gain the MSc and qualify for CEng
You’ll study five compulsory modules with the remaining optional modules designed to match your particular interests and objectives. You’ll receive intensive mentoring and supervision throughout the course, both from the university and your company, ensuring you are well supported on your learning journey.
Each module contains formal learning, delivered through distance learning and practical application through workplace projects. This is flexible and can be tailored to meet your individual needs.
Successful completion of the Professional Engineering course from Aston University means you’ll meet the educational requirements to become a Chartered Engineer. To become chartered, you’ll also need to satisfy your professional institute that you have the appropriate practical competencies.
Our recent graduates come from a wide range of industries and sectors, and the skills and experiences they learned have proven invaluable to their personal and professional development. Take a look at some of their stories here:
- Howard Jones, Mining Engineer
- Jason Leinster, Film and Special Effects Engineer
- Joaquim Hossi, SUBC Systems Engineer
- John Merriman, Head of Engineering
- Kirsty Bonner, Process Engineer
- Neil Perry, Senior Engineering Consultant
- Simon Meredith, Engineering Team Leader
- Vian Davys, Sustainable Energy
Professional Development Audit
Current Technologies and Applications
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 752 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- If you wish to apply for this programme you must be employed in the engineering field in which you hope to advance. Your employer will need to be supportive of you, and willing to ensure you can undertake a good range of workplace projects to build the learning needed for the MSc and additionally the competences to qualify for CEng.
- MSc Professional Engineering is suitable for people who aspire to fully qualified professional engineer status (CEng) and are already part way there, normally through a first or good second class UK accredited honours degree at Bachelor’s level (BEng or BSc) supported by several years of employment experience gaining practical competence and responsibility. We can also accept people without an honours degree (eg qualified to HND level) but with greater relevant experience.
International4025 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8050 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National3525 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7050 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.