All modules of the Professional Engineering programme offered at the Aston University, after the initial Professional Development Audit are highly flexible – they are designed to be tailored to suit each participant’s engineering area, particular interests and employment circumstances. The learning for each module is composed from workplace projects, and distance study of supporting formal material.
Learning, Teaching & Assessment
The course begins with a Professional Development Audit (PDA), where we help students evaluate what they have done previously and what they need to add to gain the MSc and qualify for CEng. Based on the PDA, the student and Aston University set up an individual Learning Agreement which specifies the areas of study to be undertaken and how that study will be carried out, through suitable combinations of workplace projects and distance learning, and assessed – mainly through reports on the workplace projects. The student then works through the agreed study and assessment, with support from Aston University staff and a workplace mentor, gradually building over an agreed period to completion and award of the MSc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Development Audit
- Current Technologies and Applications
- Emerging Technologies
- Design Methodologies
- Major Project
- Scientific Foundations
- Engineering Analysis
- Project Management
- Further Topics in Engineering Management
- Product Delivery
- Professional Literature Study
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Industrial Design View 10 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United Kingdom
- If you wish to apply for this programme you must be employed in the engineering field in which you hope to advance. Your employer will need to be supportive of you, and willing to ensure you can undertake a good range of workplace projects to build the learning needed for the MSc and additionally the competences to qualify for CEng.
- MSc Professional Engineering is suitable for people who aspire to fully qualified professional engineer status (CEng) and are already part way there, normally through a first or good second class UK accredited honours degree at Bachelor’s level (BEng or BSc) supported by several years of employment experience gaining practical competence and responsibility.
International6600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6600 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA5900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5900 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.