Students in the Global Business Journalism Program at Tsinghua University learn these skills firsthand in China, the world's emerging economic powerhouse. This is the only master's program in business journalism in China taught completely in English.
Students benefit from a faculty that includes award-winning journalists from media such as Bloomberg News and The New York Times as well as renowned Chinese scholars with degrees from prestigious international institutions.
The facilities include a laboratory of 10 Bloomberg terminals, the largest such installation at any university in the world, which gives students access to an unparalleled database of financial and economic information used by sophisticated professionals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cutting-edge courses such as “Multimedia Business Reporting,” “Data Mining,” “Economics and Accounting for Journalists” and "Corporate Strategies” make full use of the school's premier facilities.
- Students get practical training in writing about Chinese and international companies and financial instruments such as stocks, bonds and collateralized debt obligations. They learn how macroeconomic concepts such as fiscal and monetary policy affect businesses and individuals.
- They create videos, slideshows with sound and graphics that help them tell business stories in multiple dimensions. They do presentations that compare coverage of news events by Chinese and foreign media. They learn to analyze balance sheets and income statements to produce stories that go beneath the surface and explain the meaning of events.
- A survey of GBJ alumni found that they placed highest value on their courses in writing and coverage of business and economic issues.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Personal statement. Master's degree program applicants should submit a Personal Statement.
- Degree certificate. Master's degree program applicants should submit their Bachelor's degree certificate.
- Academic transcript. Master's degree program applicants should submit the academic transcript of their undergraduate study.
- Two online academic recommendation letters from scholars who have the title of associate professor or higher, or senior professionals in a related academic field. Please follow the instructions on the online system for submission of online recommendation letters or upload the recommendation letters signed by references.
- For non-English-speaking students, please provide English level certificates. e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, etc.
- Passport personal information page (personal and ordinary passport).
International5025 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5025 EUR per year during 24 months.
Tuition Fee: RMB 39000 /year.
Living costs for Beijing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.