The Public Health - Community Health Education program at California State University Long Beach strives to afford excellence in teaching, conduct research and provide service to local, regional, national, and international populations living within the surrounding communities while making a significant contribution towards increasing health equity for underserved populations.
To fulfill its mission the department’s ongoing goal is to improve its instruction, research, and service plan. The MPH graduate program aims to:
- Achieve excellence in teaching and learning to bolster competency in the fields of health education and public health in a multiethnic and urban environment to develop diverse professionals and leaders.
- Foster research and intervention programs that tend to the health needs of underserved populations in our community.
- Engage in service activities across various sectors of public health practice, addressing the needs of the profession, university, and the community.
- The Health Care System
- Administrative Relationships in Health Education Programs
- Advanced Environmental Health
- Theoretical Concepts and Issues in Health Science
- Seminar in Community Analysis and Program Planning
- Epidemiology of Infectious Disease
- Advanced Community Health Statistics
- Experimental Design & Regression Analysis
- Disability, Culture and Society: Issues and Social Intervention
- Grants Administration and Management
- Emergency Planning and Management
- Leadership Skills and Strategies in the Public Sector
- Disability, Culture and Society: Issues and Intervention
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunity Development Health Education View 85 other Masters in Health Education in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at California State University Long Beach and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Copy of official transcript(s) of all work be sent to the university's Office of Enrollment Services
- A bachelor's degree with a major in health education
- An overall undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
- A maximum of 9 units of graduate work at the post-baccalaureate level may be credited to a student's program requirements upon departmental acceptance to the graduate program.
- Three letters of recommendation
- A separate personal statement of reasons for pursuing this field of study and comments about interests and experience that are germane to career objectives.
Submission of analytic, quantitative and verbal scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) to the University.
At least one year's full-time (or equivalent) paid or volunteer experience in Health Education or a closely related health field. Preference will be given to those with greater experience and ability.
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
- If you are not a resident of California you must add $396 to the above totals for each unit of credit you take.
Living costs for Long Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.