The Ecotechnology and Sustainable Development programme at Mid Sweden University provides you with a deeper knowledge about natural resource management from a systemic perspective. Focus is on moving society towards a sustainable development.
In order to be successful when working with sustainable development, you must possess adequate knowledge and skills. The International Master’s Programme in Ecotechnology and Sustainable Development will provide you with knowledge related to environmental and natural resource questions from a sustainability point of view and from global, regional and local levels. These broad issues, which vary in relation to time, place, complexity and connectedness, are approached in an interdisciplinary and systemic way. The programme includes courses in both Environmental Science and Environmental Technology. Environmental Science focuses on knowledge about how natural resources and the environment form preconditions to create sustainable societal functions.
Environmental Technology, on the other hand, focuses on the technology and technical systems from a sustainability perspective. This programme aims to develop your analytical and systemic thinking and thus to provide you with the ability to tackle complex problems. It will also provide you with an understanding of efficient natural resource usage. It also considers how knowledge referring to different systems and innovations, together with knowledge about societal control systems, can contribute towards sustainable development. You will learn how to handle advanced methodologies to identify and describe problems in order to arrive at reasonable solutions. Your multi-disciplinary ability will furthermore develop due to the design of the programme, which includes, for example, multidisciplinary thematic assignments. Within these projects you will be able to sharpen your ability to search for, analyse and use knowledge under qualified supervision. The programme aims to provide you with an insight into modern research and development within the field.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Technology and Society from an Environmental Perspective
- Methodology from a Systems Perspective
- Climate Change, Impact and Action Strategies
- Energy and Material Flows in the Built Environment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, Local
DisciplinesSustainable Development Ecology View 44 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Sweden
- Certificates and diplomas of your completed degree(s) from your country/countries of study
- Transcripts of completed courses and grades for each semester included in your degree
- Proof that you meet the specific entry requirements
- In order to speed up the processing of your application, we require a copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph, or some other identification document.
- A letter stating your interest in the programme and rank your interests in the different study projects offered. Describe your previous background relevant to the subject and attach your Bachelor’s thesis or similar individual projects that you wish to refer to.
International12156 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12156 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- No tuition for EEA
- International - 125.000 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.