In order to be successful when working with sustainable development, you must possess adequate knowledge and skills. The International Master’s Programme in Ecotechnology and Sustainable Development at Mid Sweden University will provide you with knowledge related to environmental and natural resource questions from a sustainability point of view and on global, regional and local levels. These broad issues, which vary in relation to time, place, complexity and connectedness, are approached in an interdisciplinary and systemic way.
The programme includes courses in both Environmental Science and Environmental Technology. Environmental Science focuses on knowledge about how natural resources and the environment form preconditions to create sustainable societal functions. Environmental Technology, on the other hand, focuses on the technology and technical systems from a sustainability perspective.
- The programme is recommended to those who want to work within the broad and expanding field of ecotechnology and sustainable development. Work opportunities can be found in national or international companies as well as organisations and authorities all over the world. It also allows you to continue your education or to work within a research area at university level.
- Technology and Society from an Environmental Perspective
- Methodology from a Systems Perspective
- Climate Change, Impact and Action Strategies
- Energy and Material Flows in the Built Environment
- Research Skills
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Ecology View 57 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Degree of Bachelor of at least 180 credits (180 ECTS) or equivalent, with at least 45 credits (45 ECTS) in total from one or several of the following fields of study:
- Environmental Science
- Environmental Technology
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Law
International11084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11084 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Fee Year 1 - 125 000 SEK
- Fee Year 2 - 125 000 SEK
Living costs for Östersund
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.