The Master of Science degree in Health Care Administration at California State University Long Beach is one of four CAHME accredited programs in California.
The accelerated program is designed for mid-level working professional who are seeking for professional growth and career advancement in health care industry. The traditional program is designed for new undergraduates, beginning health care professionals, and international students who interested in pursuing managerial positions and careers in health care industry.
Upon completion of the Masters in Health Care Administration, students will:
- Communication and Relationship Management: Acquire the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with internal and external customers, establish and maintain relationships, and facilitate constructive interactions with individuals and groups.
- Leadership: Develop the ability to inspire individual and organizational excellence, create a shared vision and successfully manage change to attain the organization’s strategic ends and successful performance.
- Professionalism: Align personal and organizational conduct with ethical and professional standards that include a responsibility to the patient and community, a service orientation, and a commitment to lifelong learning and improvement.
- Knowledge of the Healthcare Environment: Demonstrate understanding of the healthcare system and the environment in which healthcare managers and providers function.
- Business Skills and Knowledge: Apply business principles—including General Management, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Organizational Dynamics and Governance, Strategic Planning and Marketing, Information Management, Risk Management, Quality Improvement, and Patient Safety—to the healthcare environment.
- The Health Care System
- Health Care Economics
- Organization and Systems of Health Care
- Human Resources Management in Health Care
- Advanced Financial Management in Health Care
- Advanced Healthcare Information Systems Management
- Advanced Legal and Ethical Aspects of Health Administration
- Strategic Planning and Marketing in Health Care
- Quantitative Methods for Health Administration
- Continuous Quality Improvement in Health Services
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Public Administration Health Administration View 1522 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of at least 3.0 in the last sixty units of undergraduate study. Accomplished candidates with slightly less than a 3.0 GPA will also be considered for admission.
- A total of at least nine units of courses in financial accounting, microeconomics, and statistics must be completed before the first semester of graduate study (or in progress during the application process). These prerequisite courses must be completed within the last ten years. Note: a passing grade in the CLEP exam will fulfill our accounting and microeconomics prerequisites.
- Recent (within the last two years) GRE or GMAT score OR a minimum of five years working experience in the health care industry.
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 24 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 24 months.
- If you are not a resident of California you must add $396 to the above totals for each unit of credit you take.
Living costs for Long Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.