The Master of Science in Emergency Services Administration (EMER) degree program at California State University Long Beach is an entirely online program that will help students develop the leadership and critical thinking skills needed to build stronger organizations and disaster-resilient communities.
In recent years, emergency services professions have become extremely competitive, with demands for personnel to further their education to attain promotion and keep up with technical advances. Those in the following fields are well-suited for this program:
- Law enforcement
- Emergency medical services personnel
- Military personnel
- Emergency managers
- Public health practitioners
- Public administrators
- NGO administrators
- Business continuity planners
- Other professionals with a strong interest in how disasters influence their field
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Information Literacy and Practical Writing Applications for Emergency Management
- Emergency Planning and Management
- Applied Research Methods and Analytical Techniques for Decision Support and Innovation
- Emergency Management Organizations: Constructs for Influencing Complex Systems
- Risk, Crisis, and Inter-Agency Communications
- Emergency Management Leadership Across the Megacommunity
- Strategic Planning and Integrative Practices in Emergency Services Administration
- Shirley Feldmann-Jensen,
- Steven Jensen,
- Peter Kreysa (Family and Consumer Sciences),
- William Goeller,
- James Hutchinson,
- Michael Bethany,
- Judith Colle,
- Doug Weeks,
- Valerie Lucas-McEwen,
- Christine Rodrigue (Geography),
- Joanne M. Tortorici Luna (Advanced Studies in Education and Counseling),
- Margaret Muhr,
- Curry Mayer
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Public Health View 445 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
- Obtain admission to the graduate program by completing and forwarding the official CSULB graduate admissions forms and fees to the University's Office of Enrollment Services.
- A resume and a letter of intent that includes a summary of the applicant's reasons for seeking a master
- Three letters of recommendation from persons able to testify to the applicant's academic ability.
- Have at least a 3.0 grade-point average in the last 60 semester units attempted.
International15968 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15968 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National15968 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15968 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.