This Family and Consumer Sciences program at California State University Long Beach is designed to prepare students with a background in program evaluation and administration, research methods, and application of advanced subject matter knowledge to enhance the quality of life of individuals, families, and communities. The advanced candidate selects either a thesis track or directed project track to facilitate a selected career path.
There are four specializations in this program:
- Consumer Affairs
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education
- Fashion Merchandising
- Hospitality Management
More informationVisit official programme website
- Program Evaluation
- Seminar in Leadership and Administration
- Instructional Strategies
- Research Methods
- Directed Research
- Directed Project
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science View 163 other Masters in Family & Consumer Science in United States
Admission to the Master of Arts in Family and Consumer Sciences is dependent upon approval by the Graduate Coordinator. The application requirements for prospective graduate students for the Master of Arts degree are:
1. Meet minimum University requirements for admission as well as the standards established by the program.
2. One letter of recommendation sent to the Graduate Coordinator.
3. Additional materials that provide evidence of academic performance may be requested (at a later date)
after review of applicant’s file.
4. Approval by the Graduate Coordinator.
5. For students specializing in Fashion Merchandising, GRE scores are required.
International3588 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3588 USD per year and a duration of .
National3588 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3588 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.