The Russia, Eurasia and East Europe - Regional Studies program at Columbia University provides intensive exposure to the politics, international relations, modern history, and cultural and social formations of the region, with both a country-specific and trans-regional focus.
- Applicants should have some prior language training and must complete at least three years of an Eastern European or a Eurasian language.
- The program is tailored to meet the needs of persons entering professional careers, mid-career professionals, students preparing for entry into doctoral programs, and those with a professional degree, such as the JD or MBA, who want to gain regional expertise.
- The Harriman Institute administers the Master of Arts in Regional Studies – Russia, Eurasia and Eastern Europe (MARS-REERS) through the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences for those wishing to focus on a multidisciplinary approach to the study of contemporary Russia, Eurasia and Eastern Europe (the former Soviet Union, Eastern Europe and the Balkans).
- The program provides intensive exposure to the politics, international relations, modern history, and cultural and social formations of the region, with both a country-specific and trans-regional focus. Applicants should have some prior language training and must exhibit proficiency equivalent to three years of an East European or a Eurasian language in order to graduate.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations Languages View 807 other Masters in Languages in United States
- transcripts of all previous post-secondary education
- a statement of academic purpose
- a curriculum vitae or résumé
- three letters of recommendation from academic sources
- GRE scores and, if applicable, results of the TOEFL or IELTS examination to fulfill the English Proficiency Requirement
- a sample of scholarly writing, if required by the department or program
- payment of the application fee
International64726 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32363 USD per semester during 12 months.
National64726 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32363 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.