- Art and Visual Culture Studies | Offers the most flexibility to build expertise in an area of interest. You will take core art and visual culture education courses and use electives to build expertise.
- Community and Museums | Provides learning and internship opportunities for students interested in professional roles as art and visual culture educators in community or museum venues.
- Teaching Option | Provides coursework leading to certification to teach art at k-12 levels in the state of Arizona. The certification is transferable, with minor adaptations, in many other states in the US.
School of Art
Passion is the spark that ignites the fire of creativity, and it is the foundation of a pursuit to study the visual arts. If you are considering a major in Art and Visual Culture Education, Art History or Studio Art, you know that passion first hand. Why not join a community of like-minded individuals who share that commitment to creativity?
Ranked among the top art schools in the nation and accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD), the School of Art offers its students a dynamic arrangement of in-depth programs of study. You will find the faculty supportive, the curriculum provocative, and the community among your classmates both challenging and inspiring.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Curriculum Theory in Art and Visual Culture Education
- Issues and Recent Research in Art and Visual Culture Education
- Community, Culture and Art Education
- Theory and Practice in Art Museum Education
- Pedagogical Practices in Art and Visual Culture
- Theory in Art & Visual Culture Education
- Teaching Art and Visual Culture, Wildcat Art
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Fall – Priority Deadline: January 10th
- Fall – Final Deadline: March 15th
DisciplinesEducation Visual Arts Art Education View 3468 other Masters in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Arizona and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- 1-2 page Autobiographical Statement addressing your educational and personal experiences, achievements, and goals relevant to art and visual culture education.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Writing or Research Sample. Maximum of 10 pages.
- Transcripts from all previous colleges and universities attended. For initial evaluation purposes, you may attach scans of official or unofficial transcripts.
- The names and contact information for 3 referees who will be submitting Letters of Recommendation on your behalf.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34000 USD per year during 12 months.
National34000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34000 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State14000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.