This one-year 30-unit applied training Geographic Information Science program at California State University Long Beach combines advanced technical and analytic training in the geospatial sciences with training in interpersonal and business skills.
The program's coursework is designed to develop competencies essential for successful geospatial practitioners.
- Training in Geographic Information Systems, cartography, and remote sensing are uniquely combined with professional and interpersonal skill-building.
- Program faculty bring years of expertise in geographic information science.
- The program continually adapts to develop skills and provide relevant workforce experience.
- Coursework addresses core technical, analytical, professional, and interpersonal competencies required of geospatial practitioners.
- Student research projects focus on industry-informed topics.
- Networking and professional development experiences are offered.
- The program features a small cohort of 25 students.
- Geospatial Professionalism
- Applied GIS
- Cartographic Visualization
- Data and Databases
- GIS Development
- Applied Remote Sensing
- Project Orientation and Support
- Applied Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 189 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United States
- A bachelor’s degree in either geography or a related discipline, with a minimum of one upper division course in geospatial techniques (for example: geographic information science, cartography, and/or remote sensing); OR
- A bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with a minimum of one year of professional experience in a field with direct application of geospatial technologies.
- A 3.0 GPA is recommended.
International19500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19500 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National19500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19500 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- $650 per unit
Living costs for Long Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.