The areas of concentration in the Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (MSME) program at California State University Long Beach include:
- Design and Manufacturing
- Dynamics, Vibration, Control, and Robotics
- Fluid and Thermal Sciences
- Mechanics and Materials
What you will learn
The program involves application of mechanical engineering knowledge and skills to build students’ mastery in the areas of expertise in order to:
- Utilize advanced theoretical techniques in the design and/or analysis of engineering systems;
- Apply modern experimental and/or computational tools to design and/or simulate engineering systems;
- Promote the field of study through research and/or development of novel engineering solutions.
- Engineering Analysis
- Design of Experiments
- Advanced Heat Transfer
- Advanced Mechanics of Deformable Bodies
- Modern Control of Dynamic Systems
- Directed Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 612 other Masters in Physics in United States
- A bachelor's degree in an accredited curriculum in Mechanical Engineering, or other appropriate discipline, with a minimum grade point average of 2.70 in the last 60 (semester) or 90 (quarter) upper-division major units attempted.
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 24 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 24 months.
- If you are not a resident of California, you must add $396.00 for each unit of credit you take.
Living costs for Long Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.