Students pursue their interest in the field through the course offerings of several departments at the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences as well as, to a lesser extent, other schools at Columbia.
- Courses give students the foundation to specialize in one period or interdisciplinary area as they design an individual program of study in consultation with the program coordinator.
- The Islamic Studies program at Columbia University concludes with a thesis on a limited topic within the student's area of concentration.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations to Islamic Studies and Muslim Societies
- Thesis Research Seminar
- Supervised Individual Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Languages View 824 other Masters in Languages in United States
- transcripts of all previous post-secondary education
- a statement of academic purpose
- a curriculum vitae or résumé
- three letters of recommendation from academic sources
- GRE scores and, if applicable, results of the TOEFL or IELTS examination to fulfill the English Proficiency Requirement
- a sample of scholarly writing, if required by the department or program
- payment of the application fee
International61180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30590 USD per semester during 12 months.
National61180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30590 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.