We offer a master degree in East Asian Languages and Cultures at Columbia University. An array of East Asian courses in other areas such as political science, sociology, anthropology, art, law, history, and business is also available, as are interdisciplinary programs with the Departments of Religion and History.
- The department’s close ties with various East Asian institutions in New York City and abroad provide a stimulating cultural environment.
- Columbia's C.V. Starr East Asian Library, with more than a half million volumes of Chinese, Japanese, and Korean languages books, is one of the largest East Asian library collections outside East Asia and a premier center for East Asian research in the United States.
- The collection, which is particularly strong in literature, philosophy (especially Buddhism and neo-Confucianism), and history, is supported by more than 1.1 million volumes of Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Tibetan Books. As well as 2.5 million E-Book titles, 40,000 E-Journals, and 90,000 volumes of secondary materials in Western languages on all aspects of East Asia, past and present.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages View 700 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- transcripts of all previous post-secondary education
- a statement of academic purpose
- a curriculum vitae or résumé
- three letters of recommendation from academic sources
- GRE scores and, if applicable, results of the TOEFL or IELTS examination to fulfill the English Proficiency Requirement
- a sample of scholarly writing, if required by the department or program
- payment of the application fee
International61180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30590 USD per semester during 12 months.
National61180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30590 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.