The East Asia - Regional Studies program at Columbia University provides interdisciplinary training through intensive exposure to the politics, international relations, modern history, culture, and society of the region with a country or area of focus (e.g., China, Japan, Korea, or Tibet).
- The program is tailored to meet the needs of individuals entering professional careers, mid-career professionals, students preparing for entry to doctoral programs, and those pursuing a professional degree, such as the JD or MBA, who want to gain regional expertise.
- In addition to the regular curriculum, the experience of students in the MA program is enhanced by participation in the Weatherhead East Asian Institute's rich extracurricular programming for students across multiple schools at Columbia.
- These include symposia, a lecture series which brings in more than 60 outside speakers each year, career events, and language tables at which students have the opportunity to reinforce their language skills.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies Languages View 147 other Masters in Ethnic Studies in United States
- transcripts of all previous post-secondary education
- a statement of academic purpose
- a curriculum vitae or résumé
- three letters of recommendation from academic sources
- GRE scores and, if applicable, results of the TOEFL or IELTS examination to fulfill the English Proficiency Requirement
- a sample of scholarly writing, if required by the department or program
- payment of the application fee
International61180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30590 USD per semester during 12 months.
National61180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30590 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.