Peking University School of Transnational Law (“STL”) is unique in China and in the world. LL.M. graduates will emerge from their the program as lawyers uniquely equipped for leadership in today’s interconnected world, with deep knowledge and understanding of Chinese and Western law and legal traditions and with the practical skills necessary for cross-cultural success. LL.M. graduates from Transnational Law program at Peking University will go on to distinguished careers in private sector, public sector, public interest legal work, and legal academia around the world.
Students and Faculty
Students at STL represent the highest-qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds and disciplines. International students at STL are classmates with students who are among the most academically talented in China.
STL has assembled a distinguished multinational faculty of leading scholars and practitioners from China, the U.S., the E.U., and elsewhere. The faculty includes scholars of international trade law, food safety policy, public international law, investment treaty arbitration, intellectual property, securities regulation, comparative corporate governance, law and economic development, Chinese legal history and philosophy, Chinese environmental and administrative law, innovation in legal services, China civil law, and several other important fields.
STL’s curriculum emphasizes lawyering skills and knowledge for the 21st century:
- transnational law and practice
- cross-cultural competence
- the ability to contend with the complex legal and factual issues characteristic of advanced economies based on technological innovation and global financial services, and
- the professional responsibilities of lawyers in these contexts.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Law background or training: Law degree (J.D., J.M., or LL.B.), or licensed to practice law in their home, or masters-level degree in a related area with significant law background.
- Official undergraduate diploma from a recognized university before enrollment in August. (Upon application, you can substitute a letter on school letterhead stating that you are a student in good standing and expected to receive a diploma before the August enrollment date.)
- English proficiency as demonstrated by: native speaker, completion of a program taught entirely in English, or test scores: a minimum score of 92 in TOEFL IBT or 6.5 in IELTS (TOEFL/IELTS grades should be earned within 2 years by the time of final admission).
- Valid foreign passport. (We prefer 3 or more years to expiration at time of application.)
International3944 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3944 EUR per year during 12 months.
National3944 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3944 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Beijing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.