Peking University School of Transnational Law (“STL”) is unique in China and in the world. LL.M. graduates will emerge from their the program as lawyers uniquely equipped for leadership in today’s interconnected world, with deep knowledge and understanding of Chinese and Western law and legal traditions and with the practical skills necessary for cross-cultural success. LL.M. graduates from Transnational Law program at Peking University will go on to distinguished careers in private sector, public sector, public interest legal work, and legal academia around the world.
Students and Faculty
Students at STL represent the highest-qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds and disciplines. International students at STL are classmates with students who are among the most academically talented in China.
STL has assembled a distinguished multinational faculty of leading scholars and practitioners from China, the U.S., the E.U., and elsewhere. The faculty includes scholars of international trade law, food safety policy, public international law, investment treaty arbitration, intellectual property, securities regulation, comparative corporate governance, law and economic development, Chinese legal history and philosophy, Chinese environmental and administrative law, innovation in legal services, China civil law, and several other important fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
STL’s curriculum emphasizes lawyering skills and knowledge for the 21st century:
- transnational law and practice
- cross-cultural competence
- the ability to contend with the complex legal and factual issues characteristic of advanced economies based on technological innovation and global financial services, and
- the professional responsibilities of lawyers in these contexts.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesInternational Law Legal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 19 other Masters in International Law in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Peking University Application Form for International Students (Master and Ph.D. Programs) with a photograph fixed. Please visit http://www.studyatpku.com, fill in the application form and submit, then print a hardcopy for reference.
- Graduation certificate and degree diploma (Students expecting to graduate should provide an official letter stating expected graduation date), must be original documents or certified copies either in Chinese or English.
- Official transcripts of your academic achievement up to the present, including courses taken and standard achieved, must be original documents or certified copies either in Chinese or English.
- A personal statement (1500 words for master program, 3000 words for doctorate program, must be in Chinese.)Please click here to download the template.
- Two recommendation letters from your referees.
- A copy of your HSK results:
International3647 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3647 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
National3647 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3647 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.