In creating E3B, the university recognized that the fields of ecology, evolutionary biology, and environmental biology constitute a distinct subdivision of the biological sciences with its own set of intellectual foci, theoretical foundations, scales of analysis, and methodologies.
- The mission of the Ecology, Evolution, and Conservation Biology program offered by Columbia University is to educate a new generation of scientists and practitioners in the theory and methods of ecology, evolution, and environmental biology.
- Our educational programs emphasize a multidisciplinary perspective to understand life on Earth from the level of organisms to global processes that sustain humanity and all life.
- To achieve this multi-disciplinary perspective, the department maintains close ties to over 40 faculty members beyond its central core.
- Thus many faculty members who teach, advise, and train students in research are based in other departments on the Columbia campus, or at the partner institutions (including the American Museum of Natural History, the New York Botanical Garden, the Wildlife Conservation Society, and the EcoHealth Alliance).
- Through this collaboration, the department is able to tap into a broad array of scientific and intellectual resources in the greater New York City area.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation Ecology Genetics View 101 other Masters in Biodiversity & Conservation in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Columbia University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- transcripts of all previous post-secondary education
- a statement of academic purpose
- a curriculum vitae or résumé
- three letters of recommendation from academic sources
- GRE scores and, if applicable, results of the TOEFL or IELTS examination to fulfill the English Proficiency Requirement
- a sample of scholarly writing, if required by the department or program
- payment of the application fee
International64726 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32363 USD per semester during 12 months.
National64726 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32363 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.