The Inclusive and Special Education (Non-Cert) program of State University of New York Potsdam is open to anyone interested in obtaining skills that are applicable in a traditional classroom setting, as well as a variety of non-classroom contexts.
The program will provide participants with more knowledge and clinical experience with which to create an inclusive classroom that incorporates the essential principles of Universal Design for Learning. Coursework in the program will provide participants with a deeper understanding of the range and characteristics of learning disabilities and tools with which to differentiate learning in and out of the classroom.
What You Will Learn
- Expertise in creating an inclusionary classroom environment, and implementing differentiated instruction to help those with special learning needs and styles perform at the highest level possible.
- The ability to assess and diagnose students with mild to moderate disabilities, and design interventions and curriculum to meet their needs.
- Creative approaches for integrating technology into classroom to enhance learning.
- Collaboration and communication skills central for working as part of a school team addressing the unique needs of B-12 learners.
- Knowledge of behavior management strategies to help classrooms and other learning environments to run smoothly.
- Foundational knowledge about current issues, policy, and educational research in the field of special education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Characteristics of Learners with Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- Diagnosis and Assessment of Educational Disabilities
- Behavior Management for the Special Educator
- Strategies for Teaching Elementary Students with Learning/Behavioral Disabilities
- Strategies for Teaching Secondary Students with Learning/Behavioral Disabilities
- 6 months
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 722 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 (A = 4.0) in the most recent 60 credit hours of undergraduate study is required for admission.
- Submission of two professional letters of recommendation with cover sheets from persons who can provide information about the academic and teaching potential of the applicant (e.g., former or current professors, school administrator, or other professional references).
- Two years of employment and/or experience in a formal setting with persons with disabilities.
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 6 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 6 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 6 months.
Living costs for Potsdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.