The Adolescence Education - Mathematics program at State University of New York Potsdam leads to Initial/Professional Certification in Adolescence Education: Mathematics (grades 7-12), with a possible extension for Middle Childhood Education: Mathematics (grades 5-6).
What You Will Learn:
- Effective research-based teaching practices to make mathematics exciting and accessible in the classroom.
- Core content knowledge and strategies to create engaging lesson plans in alignment with Common Core Mathematics Standards.
- Approaches for effectively teaching students to ask good questions, think logically and solve complex problems; skills that help learners excel across all subjects.
- Creative techniques for integrating technology into the teaching of mathematics.
- Multiple opportunities to grow, take risks, and develop your own teaching style.
- The perspectives and skills necessary to meaningfully connect math to the lives of students, ensuring that young people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds have equitable access to high quality math education.
- Reading in the Middle and Secondary School
- Writing in the Middle and Secondary School
- Teaching Mathematics in the Middle School
- Teaching Mathematics in the Secondary School
- Philosophical Foundations of Education
- Topics and Research in Mathematics Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Actuarial Science View 932 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
- All graduate applicants must show evidence of an earned baccalaureate degree from a duly accredited college or university, typically through submission of an official transcript obtained through the registrar’s office of each prior institution attended.
- Unofficial transcripts may be submitted for the purpose of obtaining an admissions decision. However, proof of completion of bachelor's degree requirements, and conferral of that degree must be submitted no later than the end of the fourth week of classes.
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average as indicated within each specific program of study. All programs utilize the most recent 60 credits for GPA purposes (unless otherwise indicated) / 3.0 GPA
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 24 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Potsdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.