The Adolescence Education: Mathematics program of State University of New York Potsdam leads to Initial/Professional Certification in Adolescence Education: Mathematics (grades 7-12), with a possible extension for Middle Childhood Education: Mathematics (grades 5-6).
What You Will Learn:
- Effective research-based teaching practices to make mathematics exciting and accessible in the classroom.
- Core content knowledge and strategies to create engaging lesson plans in alignment with Common Core Mathematics Standards.
- Approaches for effectively teaching students to ask good questions, think logically and solve complex problems; skills that help learners excel across all subjects.
- Creative techniques for integrating technology into the teaching of mathematics.
- Multiple opportunities to grow, take risks, and develop your own teaching style.
- The perspectives and skills necessary to meaningfully connect math to the lives of students, ensuring that young people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds have equitable access to high quality math education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Classroom Management/Leadership: Middle/ Secondary School
- Science Education Instruction in Secondary School
- Teaching Writing, Language and Communication, Grades 7-12
- Teaching Literature & Literacy, Grades 7-12
- Advanced Secondary Science Education
- Development and Learning in Adolescence
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Actuarial Science View 840 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
- All graduate applicants must show evidence of an earned baccalaureate degree from a duly accredited college or university, typically through submission of an official transcript obtained through the registrar’s office of each prior institution attended.
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average as indicated within each specific program of study.
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester
Living costs for Potsdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.