The curriculum, which combines online and face-to-face weekend instruction, was designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to meet the changing needs of the health care industry.
The Health Care Administration program at California State University Long Beach follows a generalist approach in the design of its program, conforming to academic accreditation criteria while admitting students with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The program offers foundation courses early on, and more advanced health care courses later in the program.
Graduates of MSHCA will achieve competencies in the areas of communications and relationship management, leadership, professionalism, knowledge of the healthcare environment, and business skills.
Developed by an expert team of faculty and industry professionals, the CAHME accredited MSHCA-Accelerated Program is designed to prepare you for administrative positions in hospitals, managed care, mental health settings, long-term care, multi-institutional system central offices, governmental health agencies, and other health-related organizations.
- The Health Care System
- Organization and Systems of Health Care
- Health Care Economics
- Strategic Planning and Marketing in Health Care
- Managed Care
- Advanced Financial Management in Health Care
- Human Resources Management in Health Care
- Research Methods in HCM
- Advanced Health Care Info Systems Management
- Quantitative Methods in Health Care Administration
- Advanced Legal and Ethical Aspects of Health Care
- Hospital Management
- Internship in Health Care Administration
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Public Administration Health Administration View 1406 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of at least 3.0 in the last sixty units of undergraduate study.
- At least nine units of financial accounting, microeconomics, and statistics, all of which must be completed before the first semester of graduate study (but may be in progress during the application process) and must be taken within the last ten years.
- A minimum of five years of work experience in the health care industry or the submission of GRE or GMAT test scores (current within the last two years) to the CSULB MSHCA office.
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Letters of Recommendation.
International10350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20700 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National10350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20700 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Long Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.