The Adolescence Education - English program at State University of New York Potsdam is nationally recognized by the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE). Completion leads to Initial/Professional certification in Adolescence Education: English (Grades 7-12), with an option for an extension to Grades 5-6.
What You Will Learn:
- Research-based, innovative and inclusive teaching strategies to make English Language Arts exciting and accessible in the classroom.
- Student-centered, inquiry-based approaches to help students read and think critically, including the ability to analyze, synthesize, and evaluate a text.
- Multiple opportunities to grow, take risks, and develop your own teaching philosophy.
- The perspectives and skills necessary to meaningfully connect English Language Arts to the lives of your students, ensuring that learners from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds have equitable access to high quality English education.
- Communication skills to enhance your ability to teach in a collaborative environment.
This program is nationally recognized by the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE).
- Adolescent Literature and the Teaching of Reading/ Literacy
- Teaching English Language Arts, Grades 7-12
- Classroom Management and Discipline
- Teaching Writing, Language and Communication, Grades 7-12
- Philosophical Foundations of Education
- Developing a Professional Teaching Portfolio
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Languages Teaching View 740 other Masters in Languages in United States
- All graduate applicants must show evidence of an earned baccalaureate degree from a duly accredited college or university, typically through submission of an official transcript obtained through the registrar’s office of each prior institution attended.
- Unofficial transcripts may be submitted for the purpose of obtaining an admissions decision. However, proof of completion of bachelor's degree requirements, and conferral of that degree must be submitted no later than the end of the fourth week of classes.
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average as indicated within each specific program of study. All programs utilize the most recent 60 credits for GPA purposes (unless otherwise indicated) / 3.0 GPA
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 24 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Potsdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.