Environmental Planning and Management Program at Johns Hopkins University Overview
Rapid deterioration and consumption of our planets’ natural resources, immense waste production, environmental decline, and climate change are just some of the environmental issues threatening human health and the well-being of planet Earth.
This Johns Hopkins Engineering for Professionals program examines how environmental engineering and science affect real-world outcomes in public policy, decision-making, and the economy. Taking into account factors like modern technology, social constraints, and the availability of financial resources, experienced instructors, through the use of interactive learning tools and online course delivery, teach students how to plan, execute, and evaluate the most complex environmental projects of our time. Choose from optional focus areas that are of most interest to you.
Upon completing the degree program, you will:
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of concepts and issues relevant to environmental sustainability and climate change
- Solve quantitative problems and technical assessments relevant to environmental sustainability, climate change science, and green technologies
- Critically analyze and review a range of pertinent literature, case studies, and documentaries.
- Understand major U.S. environmental laws and regulations and how they affect organizations and individuals.
- Employ techniques to manage organizations, personnel, and external resources.
- Construct and/or critique an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) and Record of Decision (ROD) for an environmental project.
- Apply tools of economic analysis, including benefit-cost analysis to public sector policy or investment in environmental projects.
Master’s Degree Focus Areas
A focus area can be selected but is not required.
- Environmental and Occupational Health
- Energy Policy and Climate
- Energy Sciences and Policy
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Optimization Methods for Public Decision Making
- Economic Foundations for Public Decision Making
- Business Law For Engineers
- Environmental Law for Engineers & Scientists
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing for Environmental Applications
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Our rolling admissions process allows you to apply to any of our online, part-time programs at any time throughout the year.
DisciplinesGeographical Information Systems (GIS) Environmental Management View 20 other Masters in Environmental Management in United States
- You must meet the general admission requirements that pertain to all master’s degree candidates.
- Your prior education must include (1) an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and (2) successful completion of one year of college-level calculus. Successful completion of college-level courses in physics, chemistry, biology, geology, and statistics is strongly recommended.
- If your prior education does not include the prerequisites listed above, you may still be admitted under provisional status, followed by full admission once you have completed the missing prerequisites. Missing prerequisites may be completed with Johns Hopkins Engineering or at another regionally accredited institution.
- When reviewing an application, the candidate’s academic and professional background will be considered.
- If you are an international student, you may have additional admission requirements.
International9510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47550 USD for the full programme during 60 months.
National9510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47550 USD for the full programme during 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.