Candidates may complete most, but not all, of their degree requirements in the Watertown area if they choose. Also, Canadian students who complete this program and all New York State teacher certification requirements are eligible to apply to the Ontario College of Teachers for Ontario certification at the primary / junior divisions.
The Childhood Education, M.S.T. program at State University of New York Potsdam is intended for candidates who do not hold a teaching certificate and seek to earn certification in Childhood Education (Grades 1-6). Upon enrollment, instructors can guide you to the pathway of additional B-2 certification.
What You Will Learn:
- The skills, pedagogical knowledge, and disposition necessary to become a successful classroom teacher in grades 1–6.
- Cutting edge, inclusive teaching strategies that make learning exciting and accessible for your students.
- Deep understanding of the methods for teaching literacy, math, science and social studies, providing the foundation to create and teach effective curriculum.
- Creative approaches for integrating technology into your classroom.
- Multiple opportunities to grow, take risks, and develop your own teaching philosophy.
- Communication skills to enhance your ability to teach in a collaborative environment.
The MST Childhood Education program is both NCATE accredited and nationally recognized by the ACEI.
- Classroom Management and Discipline
- Literacy : Methods (Childhood)
- Elementary Mathematics: Content and Methods
- Elementary Science: Content and Methods
- Elementary Social Studies: Content and Methods
- Foundations of Education (B-6)
- Practicum in Childhood Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 404 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
- All graduate applicants must show evidence of an earned baccalaureate degree from a duly accredited college or university, typically through submission of an official transcript obtained through the registrar’s office of each prior institution attended.
- Unofficial transcripts may be submitted for the purpose of obtaining an admissions decision. However, proof of completion of bachelor's degree requirements, and conferral of that degree must be submitted no later than the end of the fourth week of classes.
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average as indicated within each specific program of study. All programs utilize the most recent 60 credits for GPA purposes (unless otherwise indicated) / 3.0 GPA
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 24 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Potsdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.