Civil engineering is the world’s oldest engineering discipline, yet increasing public demands on structures and systems, as well as changes in society's economic and environmental attitudes, mean that today's civil engineer regularly faces new challenges.
Students in the Johns Hopkins University's Civil Engineering program choose from a wide range of courses in structural, geotechnical, and coastal engineering. They can also opt for independent study under the guidance of an instructor.
Upon completing the degree program, students will:
- Demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex problems in civil engineering.
- Demonstrate an ability apply mathematics, science, and engineering principles.
- Demonstrate an ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Mathematical Methods for Engineers
- Geotechnical Engineering Principles
- Structural Mechanics
- BIM Applications in Civil Engineering
- Natural Disaster Risk Modeling
- Advanced Foundation Design
- Marine Geotechnical Engineering
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Our rolling admissions process allows you to apply to any of our part-time programs at any time.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 364 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
- Applicants must be in the last semester of undergraduate study or hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or have earned graduate degrees in technical disciplines.
- Applicants typically have earned a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (B or above) in the latter half of their undergraduate studies. .
- Official transcripts from all college studies
- Completed and submitted online application form
- Proof of proficiency in English via the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
International4595 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4595 USD per credit and a duration of 60 months.
National4595 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4595 USD per credit and a duration of 60 months.
- Fee is per three credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.