The Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering programme from the University College London (UCL) covers all forms of ionising and non-ionising radiation commonly used in medicine and applies it to the areas of imaging and treatment.
The programme involves a wide range of modules offered by the department as well as a research project.
Our graduates typically progress to work within academia, securing PhD positions upon completion. They also go on to work in clinical science, the NHS and in industry.
This programme gives students a good grounding in research skills training, focused on a specific topic. Graduates will be ideally suited to enter PhD programmes in a variety of subject areas or enter professions requiring a postgraduate Master's qualification.
- Research Software Engineering with Python
- Medical Imaging in Ionising Radiation
- Clinical Practice
- Radiotherapy Physics
- Medical Electronics and Control
- Machine Learning in Medical Imaging
- Biomedical Ultrasound
- Computing in Medicine
- MRI in Biomedical Optics
- Applications of Biomedical Engineering
- Image Processing in Medical Imaging
- Computer Assisted Surgery and Therapy
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Physics Medical Imaging View 115 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University College London (UCL) and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A medical degree (MBBS), or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
International27750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13930 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13930 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £7,100
- International: £13,930
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.