The Bob Cole Conservatory of Music offers graduate study leading to the Master of Arts or Master of Music, Composition Concentration at California State University Long Beach. The candidate should arrange for counseling with the Graduate Advisor through the Conservatory office. Special placement examinations or auditions are required to validate qualifications for graduate work in music.
- Choral Director
- Instrumental Conductor
- Music Teacher
- Music Director
- Musical Instrument Sales Representative
- Music Librarian
- Music Critic
- Music Editor
- Performing Arts Manager
- Research Methods
- Seminar in Musical Analysis
- Thesis or Project
- Graduate Composition
- Research Methods
- Literature and Aesthetics of Interactive Media
- Improvisation Styles and Literature
- Film Scoring
- Advanced Techniques in Jazz Arranging
- Pedagogy of Jazz
- Graduate Conducting Seminar
- Advanced Choral Conducting and Literature
- Advanced Instrumental Conducting
- A Bachelor of Music degree, or a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in Music or a bachelor's degree, from an accredited institution, with a minimum of 24 upper division units of music comparable to those required at this University;
- The student must request all institutions of higher learning attended to send official copies of transcripts directly to the Office of Admissions and Records and another set to the Conservatory of Music Graduate Advisor.
- All applicants are required to complete the Bob Cole Conservatory Graduate Placement Examination before they register for courses applicable to the Master of Music degree
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
- If you are not a resident of California you must add $396 to the above totals for each unit of credit you take.
Living costs for Long Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.