The Bob Cole Conservatory of Music at California State University Long Beach offers graduate study leading to the Master of Arts or Master of Music degrees. The candidate should arrange for counseling with the Graduate Advisor through the Conservatory office. Special placement examinations or auditions are required to validate qualifications for graduate work in music.
- Choral Director
- Instrumental Conductor
- Music Teacher
- Music Director
- Musical Instrument Sales Representative
- Music Librarian
- Music Critic
- Music Editor
- Performing Arts Manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Seminar in Musical Analysis
- Thesis or Project
- Foundations of Music Education
- Emerging Methods in Music Education
- Seminar in Medieval and Renaissance Music
- Seminar In Baroque Music
- Seminar In Classical Music
- Seminar in Romantic Music
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 948 other Masters in Music in United States
- A Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in music, a Bachelor of Music degree, or a bachelor's degree with a minimum of 24 units of upper division courses in music comparable to those required of a major in music at this University;
- The student must request all institutions of higher learning attended to send official copies of transcripts directly to the Office of Admissions and Records and another set to the Conservatory of Music Graduate Advisor.
- All applicants are required to complete the Bob Cole Conservatory Graduate Placement Examination before they register for courses applicable to the Master of Arts degree.
- A GPA of 3.00 or better in upper division Music courses.
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
If you are not a resident of California , you must add $396.00 for each unit of credit you take.
Living costs for Long Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.