American Indian Studies degree offered by the University of Arizona provides a unique opportunity for students and scholars to explore issues critically important to American Indian nations and communities locally, statewide and nationally. AIS has always enjoyed a strong reputation because of the nationally known faculty available to work with students.
The Graduate College sponsors several Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs (GIDPs) in addition to the many interdisciplinary possibilities available through regular graduate degree programs. GIDPs transcend departmental boundaries by facilitating cutting edge teaching and research at the nexus of traditional disciplines. The high value placed on interdisciplinary research and education is indicative of The University of Arizona's enthusiasm and commitment to fostering innovation and creativity among its faculty and students.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of AIS
- MA Research Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 398 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- On-line application and fee.
- GRE scores (or LSAT scores for Law & Policy concentration).
- A Personal Statement (3 to 5 pages) including your educational goals, professional plans, your interest in our Ph.D. program and your background in American Indian Studies or with American Indian communities.
- A Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- One Writing Sample (between 15 and 20 pages double spaced) of original work that is academic, technical, professional or artistic in nature.
- Electronic copies of Official Transcripts from all institutions attended
- Three Letters of Recommendation
International11136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5568 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National11136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5568 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State10236 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5118 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Scholarships are allocated each semester, prior to admission. Students are automatically considered for tuition scholarship funds their first year, with a short application process for the following year.
Graduate Tuition Waiver Award and Graduate Registration Waiver Award may be awarded to M.A. students, provided funds are available and satisfactory progress is made. Funding will only be allocated once a year and must be applied for annually.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.