American Indian Studies degree offered by the University of Arizona provides a unique opportunity for students and scholars to explore issues critically important to American Indian nations and communities locally, statewide and nationally. AIS has always enjoyed a strong reputation because of the nationally known faculty available to work with students.
The Graduate College sponsors several Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs (GIDPs) in addition to the many interdisciplinary possibilities available through regular graduate degree programs.
GIDPs transcend departmental boundaries by facilitating cutting edge teaching and research at the nexus of traditional disciplines. The high value placed on interdisciplinary research and education is indicative of The University of Arizona's enthusiasm and commitment to fostering innovation and creativity among its faculty and students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The AIS GIDP is currently re-organizing the MA and PhD programs to offer students more options and the ability to take advantage of the fact that the AIS GIDP consists of more than 40 faculty members from colleges and departments across campus.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies View 45 other Masters in Ethnic Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- On-line application and fee.
- GRE scores (or LSAT scores for Law & Policy concentration).
- A Personal Statement (3 to 5 pages) including your educational goals, professional plans, your interest in our Ph.D. program and your background in American Indian Studies or with American Indian communities.
- A Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- One Writing Sample (between 15 and 20 pages double spaced) of original work that is academic, technical, professional or artistic in nature.
- Electronic copies of Official Transcripts from all institutions attended, undergraduate and graduate. On acceptance into the program students will need to submit original transcripts.
- Three Letters of Recommendation from faculty or supervisors who can attest to your achievements and academic potential. Letters from faculty are preferred for applicants currently or recently working in academia.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5969 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Scholarships are allocated each semester, prior to admission. Students are automatically considered for tuition scholarship funds their first year, with a short application process for the following year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.