The proximity of Johns Hopkins to our nation's capital and the engagement of our faculty in Washington make the program ideal for those interested in pursuing careers in health policy.
There is a need for well-trained health policy professionals seeking solutions to problems affecting human health and well-being. The MSPH program in Health Policy prepares students to address the complex challenges inherent in the U.S. public health and healthcare systems.
The Master of Science in Public Health in Health Policy program from Johns Hopkins University is a professionally-oriented degree program designed for individuals seeking specialized academic training to establish or expand their careers as health policy analysts. The program requires one year of full-time residential academic coursework, followed by a nine-month field placement of full-time, paid employment in a professional health policy setting.
- Formulating Policy: Strategies and Systems of Policymaking in the 21st Century
- Health Advocacy
- Public Health and the Law
- Organizational Behavior and Management
- Applied Microeconomics for Policymaking
- Social Policy for Vulnerable Populations in the U.S.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Public Policy View 1430 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applications to the MSPH health policy program are considered by a faculty admissions committee which reviews a range of criteria and considers the overall balance of each applicant's qualifications.
- A strong undergraduate record is expected and the personal statement, a central element to the application, is an opportunity for the applicant to explain their commitment to the field.
- A completed on-line SOPHAS application
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from ALL educational institutions attended
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (for international applicants from countries/education programs where English is not the official language)
International59184 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59184 USD per year during 24 months.
National59184 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59184 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Baltimore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.