Professionals with sharpened skills in the social science of communication will be able to apply those skills in the Communication - Nonprofit Management Certificate program from Johns Hopkins University. Upon graduating from the combined program, individuals will be well prepared to lead their nonprofit employers in designing and implementing communication campaigns that promote reforms in public policy, mobilize constituencies to lobby their elected officials, advance their goals through public and media relations, or change behaviors in ways that improve the health, well-being and public safety of all.
Even if students pursue careers in the corporate or public sectors, they are highly likely to interact with nonprofit or nongovernmental organizations or serve on nonprofit boards of directors. All of these roles require an understanding of the impact of nonprofits in the U.S. and other countries, and the principles and challenges of managing them, including what it means to supervise a volunteer work force and raise money through the generosity of others.
- Fundamentals of Nonprofits and Nonprofit Management
- Financial Management and Analysis in Nonprofits
- Nonprofit Governance and Executive Leadership
- Overview of Global Public and Nonprofit Relationship
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Management, Organisation & Leadership View 89 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- Complete the Online Application
- Statement of Purpose
- Writing Sample
- Submit the application and pay the $75 fee when you have uploaded all necessary materials (listed above).
- GRE scores
- Upload unofficial copies of transcripts to the application.
- Mail in official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate coursework completed within the US only.
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination
International4111 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4111 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National4111 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4111 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!