Intelligence is a growing and increasingly important field devoted to learning and research for the benefit of the United States and ultimately the world. Gain both theoretical and practical knowledge and perspective to become a highly qualified and sought after intelligence expert—prepared for important positions within the intelligence community.
The Certificate in Intelligence at Johns Hopkins University will help you gain an understanding of:
- The ways in which the United States practices intelligence
- The purposes to which it puts intelligence
- The limits upon intelligence—practical, legal, ethical, and theoretical
- The important debates about the issue.
The Certificate complements the current M.A. and certificate offerings in the Center for Advanced Governmental Studies, including the degree programs in Global Security Studies, Government, Data Analytics and Policy, and Public Management. The new certificate provides students in the existing master’s programs the opportunity to add an additional credential in intelligence studies and is also open to students seeking only a post-baccalaureate certificate in the field.
- Legal Issues in Intelligence
- Intelligence Ethics
- Privacy in a Data-driven Society
- The Constitution and National Security
- The Rise and Fall of Intelligence
- International Security and Intelligence
- 9 months
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 210 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United States
- 500-word statement of purpose in pursuing intelligence studies.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Recommendations. Under “Recommendations,” include the contact information for two recommenders. Professors or supervisors should verify academic and professional accomplishments. They will be automatically emailed access information to the system. They can then complete and upload their recommendation form.
- Official Transcripts.
International4405 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4405 USD per module during 9 months.
National4405 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4405 USD per module during 9 months.
Living costs for Baltimore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.