Geared towards working professionals, our Certificate in Geographic Information Systems from Johns Hopkins University explores the principles and real-world applications of geospatial technology and data science in a convenient, fully online course format.
This five-course certificate program will allow you to:
- Pursue new opportunities created by the expanding demand for geospatial professionals and data analytics experts.
- Build a strong foundation in the fascinating fields of Web GIS, geospatial data science, spatial and predictive analytics, programming, and application development.
Position yourself for success in geospatial technology. This fast-evolving field offers an expanding selection of career opportunities in sectors such as:
- State and local government
- Business and marketing
- Public health
- Environmental planning
- Intelligence and national security
- Web GIS
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Geospatial Statistics
- Spatial Analytics
- Programming in GIS
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 51 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United States
The Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Geographic Information Systems program requires:
- A grade-point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the latter half of undergraduate studies. Particular interests and work experience may also be considered.
- Quantitative background: a semester of statistics, quantitative methods, or technology-oriented experience.
Students who do not have the necessary quantitative background may be offered provisional admission if their other credentials are strong. Students who are admitted provisionally due to lack of quantitative skills have the option to:
- Take appropriate courses at an accredited college or university.
- Take 420.301 Quantitative Methods for Environmental Science.
International4380 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4380 USD per module during 9 months.
National4380 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4380 USD per module during 9 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.