Climate change, environmental justice, energy consumption, habitat loss, water depletion and degradation, air pollution, and species extinction have increasingly become a deep concern for citizens around the world.
The Johns Hopkins environmental sciences and policy master’s degree program was designed to empower the next generation of environmental leaders. Discover how sustainable business, policy, and science can overlap to address today’s most pressing issues.
In this Environmental Sciences and Policy interdisciplinary program at Johns Hopkins University, you will explore a wide array of coursework such as ecosystem science and management, maritime law, land and water conservation, air quality management, oceanic stewardship, energy and carbon policy, and geographic information systems (GIS). And you will look at these areas through ethical, legal, political, economic, and historical contexts.
Prepare for a Variety of Careers
Many of our students are environmental professionals looking to advance in their current fields, and others are looking to make a meaningful career change by entering this exciting industry. Our alumni have found positions such as:
- Senior biologist, Environmental Protection Agency
- Environmental protection specialist, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Senior program officer, The World Wildlife Fund
- Assistant director of strategic communications, New York City’s Department of Sanitation
- Information technology specialist, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Chief sustainability officer, International Environmental Corporation
Specialize Your Studies
The MS in Environmental Sciences and Policy degree at JHU offers distinct tracks, giving you the flexibility to tailor your degree to your career interests:
- Conservation Biology
- International Environmental Policy
- Climate and Energy
- Remediation, Compliance, and Assessment
Study On Your Terms
You can attend evening classes at our D.C. or Baltimore locations, or choose to complete most of the program online from the convenience of your home or office. As part of the program, you will complete a residency on campus or participate in an immersive learning experience; you’ll have the flexibility to choose when and where you go. There are summer and winter options, and plenty of travel study destinations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Geological Foundations of Environmental Science
- Environmental Applications of GIS
- Hydrology & Water Resources
- Oceanic & Atmospheric Processes
- Principles & Methods of Ecology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
we accept applications year-round for all programs
DisciplinesGeology Environmental Economics & Policy Environmental Sciences View 237 other Masters in Geology in United States
- Complete your online application.
- Submit all required supporting documentation. Supporting materials requirements vary by program. You are responsible for gathering and sending all application materials either via online application form or directly to our office. Once received, please allow one week for processing.
- Submit your application along with a $75 application fee.
- You must hold a bachelor’s degree prior to enrolling in any of our Advanced Academic Programs.
International4340 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4340 USD per module during 12 months.
National4340 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4340 USD per module during 12 months.
- $4,340 per course
Living costs for Baltimore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.