Faculty and students are currently exploring gene-environment interactions in cancer research; effects of air pollution, risks from radiation and the occurrence of asthma in selected childhood populations and reproductive effects from environmental exposures. The Environmental Epidemiology program is offered at Johns Hopkins University.
Other faculty and students in the department examine the science of risk assessment; and the effects of tobacco on specific populations.
In addition to the required coursework, students are required to attend monthly Environmental Epidemiology Journal Club meetings to encourage discussion of current topics with both faculty and students. These meetings are interdisciplinary. They foster exchange of information between faculty and students of several departments. The Journal Club is of particular benefit to students preparing for comprehensive exams and keeps advanced students abreast of current literature in the field. The Journal Club provides the students with experiences in public speaking, in exposure to current research, and in development of critical thinking and logic related to the scientific methods.
- Didactic course work in epidemiology including specific coursework in occupational and environmental epidemiology
- Participation in occupational and environmental epidemiology journal club, seminar series and research-in-progress meetings
- Analysis of existing occupational and environmental epidemiology data set
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Environmental Sciences Epidemiology View 1406 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Official transcripts from EVERY college-level institution you attended (academic records from institutions outside the U.S. must undergo a credentials evaluation).
- Standardized test score (Please review for Covid-19 Pandemic related policies)
- English proficiency test score (TOEFL or IELTS), if applicable
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of Purpose and Objectives
International59184 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59184 USD per year during 24 months.
National59184 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59184 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Baltimore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.