The School Administration and Supervision program at Johns Hopkins University affords candidates the opportunity to combine real-world experience with current best practices in leadership, curriculum, instruction, school law, technology, and other areas.
Online or face-to-face enrollment options are available, and both are taught by experts with extensive public-school experience. The online certificate has two options: One is open to any district-employed, certified teacher or other certified personnel; the second is especially for JHU Teach For America (TFA) Corps members.
Applicants must hold a master’s degree and be certified teachers or other certified school personnel currently employed by a school district or accredited independent school. The program is approved by the Maryland State Department of Education for Administrator I certification. Program options are also appropriate for department chairs, team leaders, or curriculum coordinators.
- Organization and Administration of Schools
- School Law
- Effective Leadership
- Supervision and Professional Development
- Curriculum Theory, Development, and Implementation
- Internship in Administration and Supervision
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Public Administration View 662 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Pre-Requisite: Master’s degree; certified; school district employed; 27 months experience.Note: The Maryland Department of Education (COMAR 13A.12.04.01) requires all individuals who apply for Administrator I certification to complete three semester hours of coursework in special education. Candidates who have not previously completed a special education course will be required to complete an additional course to complete the program.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- A 500-word essay discussing the reasons you wish to pursue a degree at Johns Hopkins University, focusing on your long-term goals and how your academic program will complement those goals. Discuss the strengths and weaknesses in your academic background, as well as any additional comments that will assist in evaluating your application materials. Essays should be submitted in a typed format on a separate sheet of paper.
International15750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 875 USD per credit during 12 months.
National15750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 875 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Baltimore
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.