Student curricula for this Acoustics program at Pennsylvania State University are individually tailored and integrated through a selection of core and elective courses in areas such as:
- basic acoustics
- physical acoustics
- underwater acoustics
- signal processing
- architectural acoustics
- medical ultrasonics
- wave propagation
- physiological acoustics
- computational acoustics
The Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) degree is a non-thesis professional master’s degree. It is based on graduate course work and a written paper or a developmental study must be submitted to the Acoustics program.
The courses are offered by the graduate program in Acoustics and by other participating University departments, including:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Science and Mechanics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Elements of Acoustics and Vibration
- Elements of Waves in Fluids
- Signal Analysis for Acoustics and Vibration
- Experimental Techniques in Acoustics
- Digital Signal Processing
- Electroacoustic Transducers
- Acoustics in Fluid Media
- Acoustical Data Measurement and Analysis
- Sound-Structure Interaction
- Stress Waves in Solids
- Flow-Induced Noise
- Noise Control Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Music General Engineering & Technology View 1711 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Entering students should hold a bachelor's degree in physics, engineering, mathematics, or a closely related field that would provide substantial preparation in mathematics (a minimum of two semesters of calculus-based physics and mathematics to include complex variables and differential equations).
- In addition, an undergraduate knowledge of statics and dynamics, linear algebra, and electronic circuit analysis, and the ability to use mathematical analysis software is expected.
- Students with a 3.00 junior/senior average (on a 4.00 scale), appropriate course backgrounds, and a B+ or better average in mathematics, physical science, and engineering courses will be considered for admission.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores will be considered if provided, but they are neither required nor expected.
International40812 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40812 USD per year during 24 months.
National24586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24586 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for University Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.